With the arrival of summer, traveling and vacations are becoming more prevalent. Many couples and families are taking trips internationally to countries that do not share their native language. To ensure they can properly care for these incoming travelers, it is imperative Healthcare Facilities have experienced translators.
Below are the top reasons why Healthcare facilities need experienced translators for Summer travelers:
1. More People, More Problems
Summers means two things: Warmer weather and vacations. These two things lead to an influx of vacationers/travelers from non-native speaking countries. According to UNWTO, for the 7th straight year, international tourism has increased. That trend is expected to continue.
2. Increase In Accidents During The Summer
During the summer season the temperature rises, and so does the amount of traffic accidents. That is no random correlation either. The reasons why being:
- The more people driving and the increase in traffic increases the probability of accidents.
More Inexperienced Drivers
- Obviously, non-native travelers are going to be inexperienced in terms of driving in your region. On top of that, the amount of teen drivers increase due to school being out.
- When the weather is nice, people tend to go outside more. The increase of pedestrians not only worsens visibility but also causes more stopping to allow them to cross.
Increased Vegetation Leads to Less Visibility
- Plants grow and trees bloom during the summer. Simple as that.
3. Travel Insurance
Many people who take foreign vacations have travelers insurance. Several of these travelers will be participating in somewhat dangerous activity (rock climbing, surfing, parasailing, etc.). These activities definitely increase the odds of one being injured. If and when they do need medical assistance, Travel medical Insurance covers the costs of bringing in multi-lingual translators.
The Need For Reliable Medical Translations
The highest priority for every healthcare facility is to ensure the patient’s well-being. Communication issues between the doctor and patient could be the difference between life or death. In addition, the hospital or health care facility could be held responsible if translations and interpretations are not accurate.
As non-native speaking travelers begin to pour into your area, you need to ensure your hospital is prepared. An increase in accidents/health related issues during the summer, combined with the severity of importance means your hospital or healthcare facility needs translation services.